Friday, February 25, 2011

When it Rains it Pours

Normally I like to take my shower at night so I can wake up 15-20 min before work and still make it on time.  Essentially I just brush my hair and teeth use the restroom add a little make-up and walk out the door.  Today however, I decided to wake up an hour early so I'd have some extra time to do my hair and switch over my laundry.  Everything seemed to be going smoothly...it was a pretty productive morning actually.  I straightened and curled my hair, checked and even managed to get a load of laundry started.  I thought today was going to be a pretty descent day until I step foot outside to gross weather wind and rain...there went my hair.... I drove part way to work like normal and had to walk the rest of the way.  Normally this isn't an issue but because it was raining AND windy my umbrella and rain coat did not help much if any at all.  I was constantly fighting the umbrella to keep it from turning inside out...needless to say I arrived to work 7 minutes late and a wet mess.  To top it off I was greeted by a manager with "Samantha your hair..."  and it wasn't a "your hair looks good" comment but "maybe you should buy a brush before work" comment...good thing I keep one at work. 

I told a coworker that today wasn't going to be a good day for me...I could just feel it.  Well only a few hours after saying that while stocking the nail polish I manage to drop one and it shattered splattering my pants and covering my sperrys.  All I could do at the time was repeat over and over to myself  "I love my job, I love my job, I love my job."  I was so angry!  Both my shoes and pants will have to be replaced and as most of you know sperrys aren't cheap!!  My nice clothes were essentially ruined by cheap nail polish.  And to make things worse my coworkers followed me around the rest of the day calling me 'little red riding shoes'.  I seriously felt like throwing shopping baskets at all of their heads. haha

I'm about to head to the gym to run off some of my frustration but at the rate this day is going it'll probably end in a disaster as a result of a twisted ankle or worse...oh I hope not.

Today sucked...but hey tomorrow is another day right?
Walgreens...I want a raise

0 comments:

Post a Comment